Ley Lines (under contstruction)
Level Design and Lead Design
Ley Lines is a first person shooter/platformer in which you use your weapon, not only to vanquish enemies; but also to solve the puzzles and progress in the story.
Using a vast movement-set you can swiftly traverse the world both horizontally and vertically, use the environment as well as your gun “Ra” to open hidden path ways and bounce far out of the reach of enemies.
Genre: First Person Shooter/Platformer
Production Time: Seven Weeks
Team Size: 10 people
Role: Level Designer and Lead Designer
- Designed three of the five rooms in the game.
- Making paper prototypes and white boxing them.
- Assisted the graphic department by decorating parts of the last room.
- Lead brainstorming meetings during pre-productions
- Formulated design pillars and core loop.
- Audience Awareness: We targeted people that wanted a slightly different FPS experienced, and not the more usual war simulator, but rather players that would be interested in Portal, Doom, Titanfall, and Quake
- Customization: The player can upgrade their character and their weapon throughout the game, to more tailor the experience and play style that suits them. There’s also easter eggs in the form of sunglasses that further enhances the players choices and play style.
- Sandbox: The sandbox element in the game is the different paths the player can choose between, this is especially evident in the last, open room.
TEXT ABOUT MY THOUGHT PROCESS AND GOALS